This practical information for teachers is issued by the Sex
Education Forum at a time when a third of UK teenagers are unaware that HIV is
a sexually transmitted infection. Although HIV, AIDS and STIs have been added
to the draft Key Stage 4 National Curriculum for science, learning about HIV
needs to start earlier and be integrated into a planned programme of SRE in
primary and secondary schools. This magazine provides practical advice and
resources to do just that.
The HIV Issue includes:
- explanation of the facts relating to HIV prevention,
transmission, testing and treatment
- eight pages of lesson ideas for Key States 1 - 5
- top tips for teachers from young people living with HIV
and affected by it
- advice on managing a disclosure of HIV positive status in
- a book review of 'AIDS: Don't die of prejudice'
The Sex Educational Supplement is a free benefit for network+ and core members of the Sex Education Forum and is the termly
e-magazine for teachers and other professionals involved in sex and
relationships education. Membership will enable you to join discussions with
other SRE professionals. Members joining before 30 December 2014 will receive a
copy of this magazine free of charge.
Built with Volusion