National Children’s Bureau Publications trading as NCB Enterprises.
These terms and conditions apply to purchasing NCB products. The terms and conditions governing the use of the NCB website are available on the NCB main site.
NCB reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel transactions in its discretion, if NCB believes that customer conduct is in violation or breach of any applicable law or NCB's terms and conditions, or is harmful to the interests of NCB. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Contracts are established at time of despatch.
NCB aims to reflect accurate information on book prices at all times. All prices are displayed in pounds sterling (£) on our website, www.ncb.org.uk/books
Use of the site
In order to purchase online you will need to register as a customer with the website. Returning customers will need to log in. Please be reassured that we do not share these details with third parties.
NCB members need to register as a customer with the website and check the box telling us they are a member. Membership status will then be applied to your customer record within 48 hours enabling you to buy at discounted prices. Purchases made before then will not be discounted.
All of the publications in the publications section of the NCB site are supplied by Central Books. Online orders can be made through the NCB webshop, but can also be made direct to Central Books:
Telephone: 0845 458 9910
Fax: 0845 458 9912
Please send all official orders directly to Central Books.
When you place an order with NCB Publications online, we will send you an email confirming the details of your order. Your order will be processed and despatched by Central Books, within seven days. You will not receive email confirmation of despatch.
Shipping and handling
Prices do not include postage and packing.
We offer preferential rates of postage and packing for online orders.
Web orders are calculated at 15% of non-member purchase price, with a minimum cost of £1.50 and a maximum of £7.
For offline orders, postage is calculated at 20% of the non-member purchase price, with a minimum of £1.50 and a maximum of £10.
Your order is sent by second class post.
For mail order customers outside the UK postage is charged at 30% of the non-member purchase price to cover post and packing, with a minimum of £2.50. Your order is sent by air mail.
Retail customers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to know how your carriage will be charged.
If your item is not in stock, Central Books will back order for you. They will record your order; mail order customers will be sent a note when items become available requesting payment if they are still required. You are not obliged to purchase such items when they do become available.
Central Books aim to deliver your order within seven working days.
If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 28 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, NCB shall have no liability to you unless you notify Central Books within 40 days of the date on which the goods were ordered.
If you notify Central Books under this condition, NCB's obligation will be to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
Currently books and magazines are zero rated in the UK. For orders made from the UK or the European Union 20% VAT is added on fully rated items, for example DVDs. All other orders are VAT free.
Publications can be purchased online by credit card. These orders are processed through PayPal. You may also purchase with your credit card via phone, fax, post or email (see Ordering).
Online orders over £28 can request an invoice to be sent with shipment. These orders require an official purchase order (PO) number. You may also purchase with your with a PO via phone, fax, post or email (see Ordering). To get a price quote for your PO, contact Central Books (see Ordering).
NCB operates a 28 day 'no questions asked' returns period. A full refund will be given for items returned within 28 days of days of the delivery, providing they are in their original condition and are saleable. Any postage costs incurred when returning these items will be at your own cost.
Please return such goods to Central Books, 99 Wallis Road, London, E9 5LN.
Any item that is supplied damaged or faulty will be replaced free of charge but the purchaser may be asked to return the copies before replacing them. For more information please email email@example.com
After the 28 day period we will accept goods for return if:
• The item was supplied damaged or faulty.
NCB will either replace the item or give you a full refund (including postage costs). Please state which option you prefer. If you require a replacement, we will wait to receive the faulty copy from you before despatching a new one.
• The item was incorrectly supplied.
If we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund (including postage costs) will be given.
In all cases, items should be returned in their original packaging, by the most economical method, to Central Books Ltd. 99 Wallis Road, London, E9 5LN. Items remain the purchaser's property until Central Books has received them.
All returns are accepted at the discretion of NCB, and refunds will be given in the same tender type as the original payment.
Please allow 14 days (in addition to the delivery time) for the return to be processed.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that NCB publications has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance.
National Children's Bureau 'NCB' agrees to grant, and the user of the ebook agrees to accept, a non-exclusive license to use the ebook under the terms and conditions of this ebook License Agreement ('Agreement'). Your use of the ebook constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. This Agreement, or any part thereof, cannot be changed, waived, or discharged other than by a statement in writing signed by you and NCB. Please read the entire Agreement carefully.
Ebook file format
Our ebooks are provided in PDF file format. To open and read them you will need suitable software. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
The ebooks vary in page size, but all print out on A4 size paper, you should have no difficulties viewing them on laptop or computer monitors. If you intend to use another reading device please consider if this format will compatible before purchasing.
Our ebooks are sold subject to a licence agreement which, in summary, allows you to:
- Download and install for your own use, for example, you may not upload it to a website, or make it available in any other form for others to access
- Make copies, but only for back-up purposes or for use on another computer owned by you
- Print one copy.
|1. Grant and scope of licence
||In consideration of payment by you of the agreed licence fee and you agreeing to abide by the terms of this Licence, NCB ('the Licensor') hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use this e-book ('the Document') on the terms of this Licence.
||download, install and use the Document for your personal purposes only
|| make copies of the Document but only for back-up purposes or for use on another computer owned by you
||print one copy of the Document
|2 Your undertakings
|| Except as expressly set out in this Licence or as permitted by any local law, you undertake:
|| not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Document
||not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Document nor permit the Document or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other document
|2.1.3 ||to keep all copies of the Document secure and to maintain accurate and up to date records of the number and locations of all copies of the Document|
|2.1.4|| to include the copyright notice of the Licensor on all entire and partial copies you make of the Document|
|2.1.5|| not to provide or otherwise make available the Document in whole or in part in any form to any person without prior written consent from the Licensor.|
|2.2 ||You must permit the Licensor and its representatives, at all reasonable times and on reasonable advance notice, to inspect and have access to any premises at which the Document is being kept or used, to the computer equipment located there, and to any records kept pursuant to this Licence, for the purposes of ensuring that you are complying with the terms of this Licence.|
|3. Intellectual property rights |
|3.1 ||You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Document anywhere in the world belong to the Licensor, that rights in the Document are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Document other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Licence.|
|4. Transfer of rights and obligations |
|4.1|| This Licence is binding on you and us, and on our respective successors and assigns.|
|4.2|| You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of this Licence, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
| 5. Law and jurisdiction |
|5.1|| This Licence, its subject matter or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.|
Ebook digital rights management
We have adopted a trust based approach to licensing our ebooks with the expectation that purchasers will respect our rights, so we offer them without any digital rights management in order that they are as useful to as many NCB customers as possible.
Refunds and exchanges
We regret that we are not able to offer exchanges or refunds for ebook purchases.
We strongly recommend that you save your ebook to a safe location and back up your data to guard against computer failure, hard drive crashes, theft or loss. At our discretion we may replace ebook files that have been lost within one calendar month of purchase. After this time you will need to make a new purchase.
If contacting us in relation to replacement ebooks you must do so from the email address used during the purchase and include full transaction details.
Purchases of ebooks in the UK or EU are liable to VAT.
- Membership fees are time-limited, from date of processing.
- Membership is non-refundable but online payment for Membership with credit/debit card is refundable within 14 days of purchase at the discretion of the specialist membership group (SMG). Products/services can only be purchased at a discounted membership rate once membership has been approved.
- Applications are reviewed by the relevant membership orgnisation and may be accepted or refused at its discretion. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of the relevant SMG if any member or member organisation is considered to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Individual memberships are solely for the use of that member; discounts apply only to purchases for the named individual and do not apply to bulk or multiple purchases of the same item.
- Organisational memberships are solely for the use of the employees of the named organisation.
- Organisational members shall nominate an employee to be their main contact with the SMG Membership. The main contact will be responsible for managing additional contacts, informing us of changes in user details, and notifying us of users leaving their employment. If a contact ceases to be employed by the member organisation they have no further right to make use of Membership benefits. It is the responsibility of the member organisation to ensure that their employees comply with these terms and conditions.
- NCB undertakes to supply the benefits to SMG members as described on its website and promotional material. However, we reserve the right to vary, amend or withdraw these services at our discretion.
- All members agree that the content provided by Membership is the copyright of NCB unless stated otherwise. Copyright must remain on all reproductions of material sent from Membership or obtained from any Members' Area or the Website. You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research or that of your firm or company. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any other party nor make the same available on any online environment or make the same available in hard copy or in any other medium without prior consent.
- In order to provide the benefits, NCB will maintain a database containing each member contact's name, mailing address, email and telephone number (where provided by the individual / organisation).
- Upon expiry of the membership subscription, the details will be retained on the database allowing for a member to easily resume their membership. A lapsed member can specifically request their details be removed by sending an email to the SMG.